Was not expecting to find a tool I needed here of all places. Thanks!
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 Music Mod | SEGA Dreamcast
A downloadable mod
If you wish, you can also donate us on PayPal/CreditCard
Again, I have another modification for all SEGA/GENKI fans.
This time also for the SEGA Dreamcast console.
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 (Shutokō Battle aka 首都高バトル in Japan) is great street racing, so it's time to add an equally good soundtrack to the game!
My OST mod (it's quite an old project but it's still great music) will allow you to change all the songs in the game and replace it with an explosive mix of rock, hip-hop and trance / dance songs that are on my home CD shelf.
This file works in NTSC-U version and also in PAL edition (Tokyo Highway Challange 2) and japanese version (Shutokou Battle)!
In addition, I have prepared a rmx game intro (SAMPLE.SFD), which you can also replace in the game image, and added a link to the co-created project (with Speud from BlueSwirl website), in which you will replace the stickers with your own pics.
TOKYO XTREME RACER 2 STICKERS EDITOR
4LYN - Kisses Of A Strobelight
Adema - Stressin' Out
Alice Deejay - The Lonely One
Ananda Project - Can You Find The Heart (Rui Da Silva Saffron Vocal Mix)
Antiloop - Start Rockin'
Ayumi Hamasaki - M (Above&Beyond Remix)
Darude - Music
Darude - Out Of Control
Delerium - Silence (DJ Tiesto in Search of Sunrise Remix)
Dogschool - Low Life
Dr. Dre - Bad Intentions
Element Eighty - Broken Promises
Ferry Corstern - Punk
Fort Minor - Petrified
Ill Nino - What You Deserve
Lil' Kim - The Jump Off
Lord of Passion - Charm City Misfits
Lostprophets - Make a Move
Lostprophets - Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja
Slipknot - My Plague
Static X - Start a War
Static-X - Dirthouse
Sun:Port - Abuse
System of a Down - Forest
Taproot - Facepeeler
Teriyaki Boyz - Tokyo Drift
Wamdue Kids - It's Love (Drum & Space Dub)
Wamdue Project - Floating World
Wamdue Project - Spirit
** The archive will only work on the SEGA console. You will not open them in an standard music player!
Contact, info, links
SEGA-SKY Portal : http://sega.c0.pl / @ kontakt(at)sega.c0.pl
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/SEGASKYPortal?sub_confirmation=1
Twitter : https://twitter.com/SEGA_SKY
Discord (want help, talk about project and.. what's next?) : https://discord.gg/V69fKeK
1. Download a LazyBoot (selfboot tool - avalible in Download section). Extract this one on your hard drive.
2. Put your all files from TXR2 .GDI or .CDI image (you can extract files with GDRom Explorer by japanese cake or any virtual drive which support DiscJuggler images) in LazyBoot "DATA" folder.
3. Copy BGM.AFS & SAMPLE.SFD file and overwrite all old files in DATA folder.
4. Run Lazyboot_v3.3.cmd from selfboot folder.
5. Click "1" or "4" for CDI image and hit Enter, next insert a NAME for your image and hit Enter. Click "Y" for hack binaries and click Enter. Wait for a few minutes - .CDI image is ready for use on Dreamcast emulators (NullDC, Demul, Reicast, Makron etc) or burn this on blank CD, and play on real hardware.
PS. You can also hear the custom music from MP3 ex. on Youtube.