Karous / カラス Translation
A downloadable project for Windows
We are currently translating to English Karous / カラス for the SEGA Dreamcast console.
Karous (カラス) is a vertically scrolling dark shoot-'em-up with RPG elements, developed and published by Milestone Inc.. It was originally released on November 15, 2006 for the Sega NAOMI GD-ROM arcade platform, and was ported to the Sega Dreamcast. Upon its Japan-only launch on March 8, 2007, Karous became the last game to be officially released on the Dreamcast.
We already translated all stuff from the game (RafaGam japanase skills). Menus, descriptions, VMU screens, gameplay graphics, dialogs, opening & ending and icons.
In project I add also some graphics fixes. Like bigger fonts, bigger items icons, some smaller corrects and extras/easter eggs. This version will be better than the official English translation (Nintendo Wii port).
Patched files works on real SEGA hardware and emulators like NullDC, Demul, Makaron or Reicast etc. For free, without external patcher - just use a simple LazyBoot tool (ready to download) and overwrite your files
Date of release : 8 JUNE 2019
For best resolution play game on TV and choose in Option - TATE MODE ^^
* PATCH INSTRUCTION IS AVAILABLE ON DOWNLOAD SECTION AND README.TXT FILE.
** IF YOU LIKE THE PROJECT - SUPPORT US WITH ITCH.IO DONATION ^^
Localization Team :
- Rolly - Project head, translation, implementation, hack, GFX
- RafaGam - advanced translation, playtester
Changes in ver. 1.0 (now published 9.06.2019) :
- fixed slowdowns on SEGA Dreamcast console (thx videojet for tests)
- 60HZ fix for PAL consoles
Changes in ver. 0.99 :
- improved icon on the VMU LCD
- all dialogs translated
- translated intro (missing on eng. Wii port)
- the end of the game has been translated (missing on Wii)
- translated 256 "short titles" available at the start of the game in the upper right corner (not available on Wii)
- translated menu, descriptions
- fixed & translated "EYECATCH" ie pictures between the stages, additionally corrected white lines (not on Wii)
- enlarged dialogue font
- translated items icons (not on Wii)
- improved subtitles on the tutorial
- improved boss textures (not available on Wii)
- translated texts on ships, bosses (not on Wii)
- translated graphics ads, banners at the stages of the game (not on Wii)
- CG arts added to the end of the game and tutorial
- Easter eggs were added at various stages of the game ^^
Know bugs :
In org. game Milestone put a strange error with the score saving. Best score results do not load correctly. If you know how fix this programmers bug - let me know!
Thanks to :
* Sylwia , videojet (playtest)
* oketado (for great selfboot tool)
* megavolt85 & DC-SWAT
* Gumlen - Operacja Panda
* Cargodin, Esperknight, RHDN, SEGA, Milestone, Dreamcast-Talk, Dreamcast Junkyard, SegaXtreme, Sega-Sky forum, JoshProd and all scene, Dreamcast & STG fans.
Contact, info, links :
SEGA-SKY Portal : http://sega.c0.pl
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/c/SEGASKYPortal?sub_confirmation=1
Twitter : https://twitter.com/SEGA_SKY
Discord (need help, talk about project and.. what's next?) : https://discord.gg/UjFKE6U & https://discord.gg/V69fKeK
RHDN : http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=28376.0
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.